Ready to experience a fabulous week of yoga and surfing?
Vista Guapa invites you to try this amazing combination that becomes an excellent way to learn to surf as well as discover all benefits from yoga practice, by the hand of professional instructor Deanna Black.
In this camp you will learn how to surf or improve your skills, while yoga lessons will focus your mind and give you the strength and balance needed to catch the waves.
National Park tour and gathering with other guests will complete your tropical getaway, making of it an unforgettable week of adventure and harmony!
Don’t miss this great experience from May 4 to 11th. Book Now!
Yoga Surf Camp Packages
[box class=”grey_box”]$1600 single occupancy
$1400 per person, double occupancy
$1300 per person, triple occupancy
The Yoga and Beginner / Intermediate Surf Package includes:
- Airport transfers from the San Jose airport
- Five surf lessons led by our nationally ranked staff
- Usually 2-3 hours for any age or experience level as long as you can swim. Includes board rental, leash during lesson time. Instruction in pool, on beach and in water.
- Photos on disc to remember the fun!
- Daily yoga and meditation.
- Afternoon Fun & Leisure: reading, water aerobics, hammock napping as well as extra fun (additional charge): canopy tours, horseback riding, mountain biking, massage, taxi to Jaco for lunch, shopping, Internet café, etc.
- Full Costa Rican breakfast & dinner daily.
- Explore one of Costa Rica’s beautiful national parks with Vista Guapa’s naturalist guide.
- Air-conditioned accommodations with a hammock and ocean view.
About the instructor
Deanna Black was inspired by the movies Flashdance and Perfect in the 80′s which started her career as an aerobic instructor. She has studied and continues to study anatomy, exercise physiology and psychology and works as a holistic fitness trainer in a variety of settings. “I want to gain as much experience in as many different ways so I can motivate you efficiently and effectively.” After teaching a stretching class at Club Med in 1990, a student commented on what a nice yoga class that was. That began Deanna’s formal studying of what she had already been teaching.
Deanna’s yoga class taps into the physical body and finding ways to move, stretch, strengthen and release. Then she will have you observe your thoughts, breath, feelings and energy; she will ask to be in the moment and simply pay attention. Yoga means to yoke, to join, to connect. In Deanna’s class you decide what you need to connect with: your body, your mind, your breath, the Divine. It’s whatever YOU need.
With 26 years of teaching experience, Deanna is able to teach a group class yet have it meet each individual’s needs… It is not about synchronized yoga. Be prepared for the unexpected: a martial arts kick, a dance move, or maybe simulate ‘Paddle! Paddle! Paddle! UP!’ Then notice how you respond or react. Hopefully what you learn on your yoga mat, you can apply off the mat. Breathe, be empowered and realize your potential!